We know that school re-opening is already on the minds of many followers. Kids under 12 are not yet eligible for vaccination (nor under 18s in the UK).
We’re planning much more school discussion to come, but a quick take on the CDC’s updated guidance on schools from Prof. Joseph Allen:
1. places primacy on in-person schooling
2. promotes vaccinations
3. provides needed flexibility on masks
4. highlights ventilation
5. ends overzealous ‘deep cleaning’
1. difficult to enforce mask policies that are not universal
2. frequent testing may lead to many students home self-isolating
What’s your take on the new school guidelines? If you’re not in the US, how are your schools planning for the autumn?
The Nerdy Girls want to hear what’s on your mind, we’ll be tackling this issue more in the coming weeks.